Setting up Siri on a HomePod
Siri is enabled by default on the Apple HomePod, but extra steps are required to enable personalized features, such as:
Apple calls these Personal Requests.
Setting up your Apple HomePod
Your Apple HomePod must be logged in using your AppleID, set as the primary share location, and connected to the same Wifi network as your other iOS devices.
The next step is to enable Personal Requests on your iOS device:
- Connect your iOS device to the same Wi-Fi network as HomePod.
- Confirm that you’re signed in with the Apple ID used to set up HomePod (in Settings > Name).
- Tap iCloud > Share My Location, then turn on Share My Location. Tap From and choose This Device.
- Go to Settings > Siri & Search and check that either Listen for ‘Hey Siri’ or Press Home for Siri are enabled.
- Open the Home app on your iOS device, press and hold HomePod.
- Tap Details, and make sure that Listen for ‘Hey Siri’ and Touch and Hold for Siri are enabled.
- Open the Home app on your iOS device, tap the round red arrow at the top left of the screen, tap your name under People, and turn on Personal Requests.
You will now be able to use the features using the ‘Hey Siri’ voice command.