Siri’s default voice settings are automatically configured to suit your language and location. Although whether Siri is female or male varies depending on which country you live in. But did you know it is possible to change the ‘sex’ of Siri on your device?
On top of that, you can change Siri’s voice. So if you prefer responses with a soothing Irish lilt or a practical English accent, you can.
Here, we’ll show you how to:
- Change Siri’s voice and sex on an iPhone or Pad
- Change Siri’s voice on a HomePod or HomePod Mini
- Change Siri’s voice on a Mac
Note: If you have a HomePod connected to your iPhone or iPad, changing the voice settings may cause some features to stop working. The HomePod and your iOS device must always have the same language and voice settings to work correctly.
How to change Siri’s voice on an iPhone and iPad
To change Siri’s voice on the iPhone or iPad:
- Open Settings.
- Scroll down to Siri and Search.
- Tap on the Siri Voice option.
- Choose your preferred Language and Siri Voice.
You can also change the language – with a striking amount of English variations – which helps you have a particularly strong accent that occasionally confuses Siri’s default settings.
Note: If you change the language, you’ll need to go through the “Hey Siri” activation steps again.
How to change Siri’s voice on the HomePod and HomePod Mini
Modify language and voice setting on your HomePod by:
- Open the Home app on your iOS device.
- Press and hold the HomePod icon.
- Scroll down and tap on the Settings cog at the bottom right of the screen.
- Scroll down to the Siri section.
- Tap on the Language and Siri Voice options to adjust options to taste.
How to change Siri’s voice on a Mac
You also have the option to change Siri’s voice and language settings on macOS (macOS Sierra upwards) too.
- Open System Preferences.
- Select Siri.
- Choose a Language.
- Choose a Siri Voice.
In some languages, there may be fewer voice options to choose from.